Samaritan House is 501(c)3 non-profit, grass-roots, inter-faith ministry, but not affiliated with any church or religious/faith organization. We do not ask for, nor receive any local, state or federal funds/grants. Our support comes from the faith community, private individuals, and grants.
We are happy to receive contributions in honor of, or in memory of, family or friends, and at special times of the year such as Mother’s Day or Thanksgiving, and can acknowledge those remembrances. Please ask your church to include Samaritan House with a grant in an annual budget. We would be happy to sit down with your Outreach group and find just the right collaboration for your congregation.
Your tax-deductible donation can provide services for a month, a week or a meal:
|• Guest stay for one month (bed, 3 meals):||$3000|
|• House payment (1month)||$1500|
|• House utilities (heat, light, water; 1 month):||$1000|
|• Kitchen supplies (1 month):||$750|
|• Three guest meals (1 week):||$400|
|• Guest needs (clothing, OTC medicines, 1 month):||$200|
|• Guest stay for one night (bed, 3 meals):||$100|
Ways to donate:
- Donate with a credit card, but not online. Please call Samaritan House 704-333-0110 and ask for the staff member on duty.
- Donate with a check. Please mail your check to 611 Fortune Street Charlotte NC 28205.
- Donate online using the PayPal link below.
Stocks may be donated to Samaritan House at any time. If we keep the stocks, we will give you a letter of their value as of the day of transfer. If we liquidate the stocks, we will provide the actual value on the day of sale. Please email Brad Goforth or call at 704-333-0110 to set up an appointment with our Treasurer to discuss the transfer with you, and or your financial advisor.
Our Wish List
Any wish list items should be delivered, or shipped, to Samaritan House between 10:00am and 5:00pm. Please email Brad Goforth or call at 704-333-0110 to make sure someone is present who can properly accept your donation.
611 Fortune St.
Charlotte, NC 28205
Turn off of Monroe Rd. between Washburn Ave. and Chipley Ave. We are in the Ovens Auditorium/Cricket Arena neighborhood. A map can be found here.
Some wish list items are one-time needs; most are needed on an ongoing basis.
- We need all the same things a small office needs. These include:
- Ink and toner for the printers: (HP Officejet pro 8500, HP Laserjet 3030, Brother MFC9420CN, Canon Imagerunner 2230)
- Paper, pens, label sheets, note pads, file folders, a small tool kit for household jobs, etc.
- Twin sheet sets; cotton/polyester
- Twin bed pillows
- Twin mattress pads and covers (plastic covers that can be sanitized)
- Towels, hand towels and washcloths
- Cleaning supplies
- Laundry detergent and bleach
- Latex gloves
- Paper products such as paper towels, toilet paper, plates, napkins, etc.
- Anything you would need in your own home, we need on a larger scale
- Men and women’s underwear, all sizes
- Scarves and caps (winter)
- Travel sized soap, deodorant, shampoo, lotion, and shaving cream, as well as tooth brushes, tooth paste, and razors.
- Christmas items for Christmas Day.
Medical needs (all need to be new and unopened)
- Synthetic gloves
- Gauze bandages
- Antibiotic creams
- Tylenol (generic)
- Cortizone cream
- Tums (or generic)
Including Samaritan House in your will establishes a legacy of compassion. Discussions about planned giving can be scheduled at any time. Determining what gift is right for you is just as important as making the gift. The correct plan for you balances what you wish to accomplish for yourself, your family, and Samaritan House in your overall estate and financial plans.
Please email Brad Goforth or call at 704-333-0110 to set up an appointment with our Treasurer to discuss the transfer with you, and or your financial advisor.