Samaritan House is 501(c)3 non-profit, grassroots, interfaith ministry that is not affiliated with any church or religious/faith organization. We do not ask for or receive any local, state or federal funds/grants. Our support comes from the faith community, private individuals and grants.
We are happy to receive contributions in honor or in memory of family or friends, and at special times of the year such as Mother’s Day or Thanksgiving, can acknowledge those remembrances.
Your tax-deductible donation can provide meals, weekly or monthly services and more:
|Guest stay for one month (bed, 3 meals):||$3,000|
|House payment (1month)||$1,500|
|House utilities (heat, light, water; 1 month):||$1000|
|Kitchen supplies (1 month):||$750|
|Three guest meals (1 week):||$400|
|Guest needs (clothing, OTC medicines, 1 month):||$200|
|Guest stay for one night (bed, 3 meals):||$100|
Ways to Donate:
- Donate with a credit card, but not online. Please call Samaritan House at 704.333.0110 and ask for the staff member on duty.
- Donate with a check. Please mail a check made payable to Samaritan House to 611 Fortune Street, Charlotte, NC 28205.
- Donate online using the PayPal link below:
Please consider asking your place of worship to include a Samaritan House grant in its annual budget. We would be happy meet with your outreach group and find just the right collaboration for your faith community. Please contact Brad Goforth for additional information.
Including Samaritan House in your will establishes a legacy of compassion. Discussions about planned giving can be scheduled at any time. Determining what gift is right for you is just as important as making the gift. The correct plan for you balances what you wish to accomplish for yourself, your family, and Samaritan House in your overall estate and financial plans.
Please email Brad Goforth or call 704.333.0110 to set up an appointment to discuss planned giving.
Stocks may be donated to Samaritan House at any time. If we keep the stocks, we will give you a letter of their value as of the day of transfer. If we liquidate the stocks, we will provide the actual value on the day of sale. Please email Brad Goforth or call at 704-333-0110 to set up an appointment with our Treasurer to discuss the transfer with you, and or your financial advisor.
Our Wish List
Some of the following wish list items are one-time needs, but the majority are needed on an ongoing basis. Donated items may be delivered or shipped to Samaritan House (611 Fortune Street, Charlotte, NC 28205) between 10 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Please email Brad Goforth or call 704.333.0110 to make sure someone is present to properly receive your donation.
- Printer toner (HP Officejet Pro 8500, HP Laserjet 3030, Brother MFC9420CN, Canon Imagerunner 2230)
- Paper, pens, label sheets
- Note pads, file folders, a small tool kit for household jobs, etc.
- Twin sheet sets; cotton/polyester
- Twin bed pillows
- Twin mattress pads and covers (plastic covers that can be sanitized)
- Towels, hand towels and washcloths
- Cleaning supplies
- Laundry detergent and bleach
- Latex gloves
- Paper products such as paper towels, toilet paper, plates, napkins, etc.
- Anything you would need in your own home, we need on a larger scale
- Men and women’s underwear, all sizes
- Scarves and winter caps
- Travel sized soap, deodorant, shampoo, lotion, shaving cream, razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste
- Christmas items for Christmas Day
Medical Supplies (all need to be new and unopened)
- Synthetic gloves
- Gauze bandages
- Antibiotic creams
- Tylenol (generic)
- Cortizone cream
- Tums (or generic)